Your Business is My Business home about contact social media services

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Women, Work, and the Will to Lead

I am counting the days until March 11 release of the Sheryl Sandberg book Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead when the pre-ordered book will download automatically to my Kindle.

I remember seeing the video of her 2010 TED talk and thinking how incredibly courageous she was for openly discussing the challenges women face in the working world. Why aren't there more women leaders in corporate America? 


I think I know why. It's because the corporate model just doesn't work for women! We don't climb our way to the top because we have other priorities that require our attention. We raise babies, get divorced, re-enter the work force after several years off... Not exactly the way to the top of the corporate ladder. 

But are there other ways that women can achieve their full potential? Are there other ways that women lead? ABSOLUTELY! Many of the small business owners that I work with every day are women. How many female bloggers are experiencing great success while still managing to be there for their family? A LOT!

"In Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg examines why women’s progress in achieving leadership roles has stalled, explains the root causes, and offers compelling, commonsense solutions that can empower women to achieve their full potential." - -  I hope that she can see beyond the traditional leadership roles to see the many ways that women are leading this country and the world every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment